Case Study: Revolutionizing the Mobile Shopping Experience
At Sourcebits, we’ve worked w ...
Innovation is the best growth investment your company can make. We take a strategic consulting approach to zoom out before zooming in to discover your unique business solution.
Companies of all sizes are focusing on their B2C, B2B and B2E mobile strategy – and innovation is a hot topic in the office. Regardless of your industry, 2014 is the year for you to invest in growth – particularly through mobile, web and cloud development.
You may be considering:
1. a mobile app for your consumer marketing
2. a mobile version of your enterprise software
3. building a new mobile-specific product
4. providing secure internal solutions to accommodate your BYOD employees
5. adding new features and functionality to existing mobile/web products
6. delivering an innovative experience to create digital disruption in your industry
But pressure from management, and/or an urgency to execute, can lead you to quickly create products without fully examining the problems you’re trying to solve, and all the potential solutions. It can be tempting to put your cart before the horse and develop a product before you and your team fully understand the problem. Without a strategy for your innovation, you may have a product that’s difficult to develop, goes through time-consuming and expensive iterations, and generates underwhelming results. That’s the difference between a product and a solution. If it’s not solving a problem, it’s not a success.
It’s time to do product development differently. At Sourcebits, we’re not your average development company. We don’t just build products – we create solutions. And that requires engaging with our clients in a different way, and having a different conversation. We want to be passionate about your project and help you innovate in strategic ways to be successful.
Before we zoom in on your product’s specs and timelines, we zoom out to examine the problems you’re seeking to solve, the business requirements you have and your industry landscape. We know all the latest and greatest technology currently available, but we don’t stop at what’s already been done. We explore what’s possible; we push the boundaries; we embrace imagination; we discover your opportunities for disruption.
After more than 7 years in business and 500+ projects – including 30+ chart topping apps – we’ve seen the greatest success comes when development is seen as a partnership between the client and our team. We’re excited to build powerful features, beautiful designs and elegant user experiences – and we want our clients to be successful. So we work with you in a different way, from ideation through product creation and launch execution. But it ALL starts with our strategic consulting.
The Innovation Strategy Workshop is an in-person consultation process with the Sourcebits team. Since implementing this process in 2013, Sourcebits has conducted more than 40 workshops. Whether you’re an entrepreneur with an idea, an existing app startup with updates to add, an enterprise with a new product to build or an old one to enhance – or any stage in between – our problem-solution approach brings exceptional value to your end results.
We work with our clients to identify their core problems and goals, frame that within their industry, audience and business requirements, and then go to the white board together to brainstorm and examine options to develop a customized business solution. As part of the workshop process, we provide you with all the materials you need to get stakeholder buy-in for your new mobile strategy, as well as a detailed project estimate.
The workshop itself costs $25,000, but it’s a deposit towards your engagement with Sourcebits. If you hire us to build your solution, we credit the workshop fee.
Our workshop involves three key steps:
1. Examination: First, we dig deep into your business objectives and goals, challenging you to surface the core problem(s) you want to solve. Within companies, especially large ones, it can be easy for direction to become unclear. We cut to the root issues and align teams to focus on a clear, unified objective.
2. Ideation: Once the core problem is identified, we conduct a controlled brainstorming session to solve it. We spend a lot of time with white boards. Our expertise in mobile, web, cloud, and hardware design provides insight both on what’s in the market today, additional untapped potential and future possibilities. Combined with your team’s industry expertise, there’s no telling what exciting ideas can be uncovered.
3. Clarification: No matter how innovative, ideas are meaningless without execution. And to bring innovation into reality, you need a development plan. In this phase, Sourcebits breaks down estimated timelines, costs, and talent needed to get the job done. Our experience enables us to be sure that our plans and projections will be realistic, practical, and achievable.
From this innovation and ideation phase, Sourcebits can design and develop your product with an eye on your ultimate business goals. We measure our success by YOUR success – and we don’t settle for less than amazing.
A Sourcebits Innovation Strategy Workshop is a unique opportunity resource.
To find out more about how Sourcebits can help your company, product, or idea: